Rev CTFUL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rev CTFUL

Haakvlees

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MML... MML... Mmmmkay?

Go down 
+2
Fantasia
Arcana
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-26

MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Empty
PostSubject: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 9:19 am

In the game against invictus the other day, the MML spamming destroyed us.

I'm just wondering why the second wave of missiles are unrepellable in the Twin Peaks map. In the other zones (CTFX, SUT) repulsor coil dispenses with the MML quite nicely.

It seems quite strange to have a weapon that is immune to repulsing, and is probably unintentional. I think it should be fixed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fantasia

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 10:26 am

true we got pwned cuz even tho we were repulsing. the second set was hurting us
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 10:53 am

I just checked in game, and I'm wrong.

You CAN repulse the second wave (Its just the repulse distance is less than for bullets Razz).
Back to top Go down
riraito

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:47 pm

you can repulse the second wave but they are immune for a few seconds. You have to wait a while
Back to top Go down
Thought

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:09 pm

I've noticed that the repulsor physics in FreeInfantry don't work exactly the same way as they do in SOE. Repulsors seem to provide only an instantaneous effect upon activation, rather than the prolonged effect that exists in SOE (i.e., the repulsor field remains active for a fraction of a second longer in SOE than in FreeInf, thereby repelling rounds that sometimes have yet to be fired). Unfortunately, that's just part of the game, and there's little we can do about it.

I think the best thing we could have done to counter the MML surprise would have been to swing faster. We were slow to swing to O because we didn't have anybody positioned on O to begin with (which is understandable, given that home was in critical condition and we needed a 10-man D). Invictus must have spent a few seconds switching a couple players to MML hvy, so there was a window of opportunity on which we failed to capitalize.

Frankly, I think we could have pulled to at least a draw if we had our full starting lineup on Sunday. I certainly wasn't able to fill myJT's boots on O, and the delay between the time Stoid was specced and the time myJT was able to switch to D hvy cost us dearly. Yes, we did get the shaft, but the taste of defeat is something that I'm sure will make us better players in the future.

To streamline the way we function, I suggest we create a strategy document outline the specialties of each squad member, and a list of macros for all of our regularly used weapons setups. The list should also include buy/drop macros for Tranqs/MG/Rocket/etc, spec macros (Income NME, Blink Set, Swing Home, etc), and command macros (Attacking NME, Home Critical, Attach to %tickname, etc). Ideally, we'd have screenshots of the A7 and D7 bases that can be modified in Paint/Photoshop to include Engineer's turret setups, mine setups, player positions, flanking maneuvers, and combat engagement maneuvers. I understand that this all seems quite rigid, but it wouldn't have to be followed to the letter. You guys work very well as a team as it is, but it could help make the D and O more efficient in battle. If for nothing else, it could serve as a UL guide to new players on the squad who don't have much OvD or UL experience (I played my first PL/UL game with Rev, and had only played in 2 OvD's before joining Rev - you guys showed me the ropes). If we decide to go ahead with such a document, I'd be willing to lend a hand in its creation, but my new job and other constraints wouldn't allow me to take point on the operation.

I also suggest we get the squad hooked up with Ventrillo or TeamSpeak. This would require a server, and all squad members would need a headset (or, at the very least, a microphone). Headsets/mics can be purchased for no more than $20 Canadian and probably less in the U.S. (I don't know how much these things sell for in Europe or Japan).

In any event, there are a variety of methods with which we can get the squad more organized. The ones I've mentioned above are just examples. The choice to implement them is yours.

On a more sorrowful note, I'm moving from Montreal to Toronto this weekend to work for the summer. My job will likely occupy much of my time, and I probably won't be available to play in any more matches for until the end of August. I want to wish you all the best of luck with the rest of the season, and I thank you for taking me into your squad. It's certainly been one of the most enjoyable groups I've ever been a part of in Infantry.

Whenever you get a re-match with Invictus, do me a favour - PWN 'EM. RAWR.

Thought
Back to top Go down
Ballistics.

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Good luck with everything Thought, been nice playing with you, see you when you get back. I don't think theres much more that could have been done in the Invictus match, the defense held strong for as long as we could, but Invic is extremely organized. Only thing needed is more game time, which will translate to better results.
Back to top Go down
riraito

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:02 am

i didn't read the whole post cuz it was really long but i'll finish it later.

but noooooo don't leave
Back to top Go down
Stoid

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:21 am

Nice meeting you Thought, you were always doing a greatjob giving us specinfo during UL. Goodluck with your new job=D- Stoid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MML... MML... Mmmmkay?   MML... MML... Mmmmkay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MML... MML... Mmmmkay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rev CTFUL :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: